Friday, June 20, 2008

Hot Tamales and other stuff...


Well, Wednesday was my last day at Piedmont. I presented my research and walked out of there with the biggest since of relief and accomplishment! I mean it this time when I say...I am never, ever going back to school (I said that after my master's, but I really mean it this time). Brock keeps telling me I need to go ahead and get my Ph.D...but...stick a fork in me...I am done. It is time for me to devote time to my family for a change! Although, I am glad I am finished...I am going to miss seeing all the new friend's I made....and "dialoguing" (spell check doesn't even recognize that word) with you all. I am sitting on my couch eating my hot tamales, from the hot tamale award that I received (I still don't know what that was about)...but they sure are good! The funny thing is I had never tried a hot tamale candy until Cathy Kastner would plop her gallon size zip up bag full of them on the table in class on Saturdays and we would chew until our mouth was on fire and our jaws ached. I still can't believe that I get to sleep in tomorrow instead of going to school. "With that being said"... for this blog I thought I would post a picture of our cohort! I hope I never have to hear that phrase again....sigh. Can't wait to see you all July 26th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good lookin' group! Who would have thought that one year ago...we would be through it! You may be down but you are not out....you may go back:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hot Tamale friend! I LOVE your blog page!!! What a cool way to include others in your life. This might inspire me to do the same. I already miss talking to all of you. I am glad it is over as well, but I certainly want to keep in touch. Thanks for letting me know about the blog.

Cathy Kastner

Anonymous said...

SP,
Cool blog...you internet savvy lady! Congrats-very proud of you for finishing school, maybe I will someday! Looks like its been a great summer for you all so far. Miss seeing you across the hall, Talk to you soon
JW-O