Thursday, August 14, 2008

We have expanded our family...



It has been 3 weeks since my last post and I am feeling like a slacker. There were many pictures I wanted to post...Hallie's 5th birthday party, my graduation, the trasition of my classroom at Mossy Creek and Gentry and Grant's first day of school. Well, I guess that won't happen. I have been working like crazy at school trying to get things ready and time just flew by. Speaking of time flying by, Gertie's pregnancy did as well. We now have 10 full-blooded, Lab puppies. There are 5 yellow, 4 chocolate and 1 black. Man, we are so excited (and a little nervous). A week or so ago we took Gertie for an x-ray to see how many puppies she was having...I almost passed out when Liane counted 11 heads and little backbones. After much anticipation, Gentry and I arrived home to 9 little pups, but unfortunately one did not make it. Brock and Grant arrived home shortly afterward and we decided to take her to the vet because we were missing 2 puppies. She delivered one on the way to the doctor and the last little brown puppy in the Papa's Pizza parking lot in front of a very anxious crowd on the way home. All the puppies are doing great and the Pulliam family is ready to go to bed. I thought you all might enjoy a pic even though you can't really see the puppies...the neighborhood will enjoy seeing the picture. I promise I will post again, soon.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Way to go Gertie!! I'll be sure and send Scott the message... he asks about whether she's had the puppies yet all the time. Great neighborhood photo!!

Amber said...

Looks like you guys have plenty of helpers! Hey and now you almost have as many animals as me!! LOL