Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Today, Brock and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary. It was very low key, we had a yummy dinner at Joni's on Lake Burton. It was a nice change of scenery. The past year has been great. I could not ask for a more sincere, supportive, loyal, hard working and loving husband. He has been my voice of reason on more that one occasion and I love him more and more every day. Not only is he a great husband, but he is an incredible father who likes nothing more than to spend every possible moment with Gentry and Grant. They have such a great male role model to look up to. Although this is far down the road, it is my hope that Grant will grow up learning from Brock how to treat a wife, and Gentry will use him as a guide when she decides to marry. I am so incredibly blessed to have Brock in my life. I used to keep a slip of paper in my Bible (for 6 years I might add) with a list of all the things I was looking for in a husband. I had List A - the things I wasn't willing to compromise on and List B - the things I could live with. I knew I was in trouble after I met him and glanced over the list and he had every characteristic on my List A. So what that he wasn't musically inclined or tall. I realized that those things aren't that important after all. Who knew that my Prince Charming would arrive in a 1987 Isuzu Trooper. It has been a great year, and I hope there are many more. Like my friends Regina and Paul, it is never too late to live happily ever after!

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Happy Anniversary and belated Birthday!